Car Cooling System Repairs in Oklahoma City, OK
The cooling system in your car is in charge of keeping the engine cool and running at the proper temperature. Over time, the cooling system can develop problems that can lead to overheating and severe engine damage. That is why it is critical to have a reliable car repair company that can handle cooling system repairs.
At Brookwood Auto, we have ASE-certified technicians who are experts in cooling system repairs. We use cutting-edge technology to detect and correct problems promptly and efficiently. We offer a nationwide 3-year/36,000-mile warranty on all our services. When you bring your car to us for cooling system repairs, you can rest assured that it will be in good hands.
How Does It Work?
The radiator is a long, narrow tank that holds the coolant and helps to dissipate heat. The water pump is responsible for circulating the coolant through the radiator. The thermostat is a valve that opens and closes to regulate the flow of coolant based on the engine temperature. The cooling fans draw air through the radiator to help dissipate heat. Finally, the hoses are responsible for carrying the coolant between all the different cooling system elements. If one of these components fails to function properly, your vehicle may overheat.
Common Cooling System Problems
Several different problems can occur in the cooling system. Here are some of the most typical issues encountered by our technicians:
- Leaks: A leak in the cooling system can be hard to spot because many of the fluids are clear or nearly clear. Our technicians use a special UV dye to identify leaks so they can be repaired quickly.
- Overheating: If your car frequently overheats, it could be a problem with the coolant level, the thermostat, the water pump, or another component of the cooling system.
- Radiator damage: Because the radiator is an essential cooling system component, any damage should be repaired as quickly as feasible. Common types of radiator damage include leaks, corrosion, and deposits.
- Coolant contamination: Coolant contamination is one of the leading causes of engine failure. Contamination can happen when water mixes with the coolant or Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) get into the wrong tank.
Signs You Need Cooling System Repair
There are a few different signs that you might need a cooling system repair. If you notice any of the following, it’s time to bring your car in for service:
- The engine is overheating
- The check engine light is on
- There is coolant leaking from the car
- The temperature gauge reads hot
- The radiator hose is collapsed or leaking
- The car is taking longer than usual to warm up
If you’re experiencing any of these problems, don’t wait to get your car checked out. The sooner you bring it in for repairs, the less likely you are to experience engine damage.
Quality Cooling System Repair in Oklahoma City, OK
Brookwood Auto provides a wide range of vehicle services to fulfill your needs. We offer oil changes, brake repairs, transmission repairs, and much more in addition to cooling system repairs. In addition, we provide a 3-year/36,000-mile worldwide warranty on all of our services so that you can be assured of the quality and durability of our work. Whether you’re looking for routine maintenance or serious repairs, trust us at Brookwood Auto for all your automotive needs. We’ll get the job done right the first time!
Brookwood Auto Diagnostic & Repair:
Helping Your Car Stay Healthy!
Financing Available, Call us For More Details